Apple Pie Sale
The apple crumb pie sale has been going on for over 40 years. The pies are made by members of the church and sold on “Pie Days”–one Monday in October and November. Members make the crusts and crumb topping ahead of time and 57 bushels of apples are ordered to make the pies. On Pie Days, we peel and slice apples, put them into pie shells and wrap them to sell. All afternoon (2:00-5:00 pm.) customers arrive to pick up the unbaked pies they ordered which they can take home to bake immediately or freeze for later. We typically sell over 1,000 pies with the help of about 40 people on Pie Days and 10% of the money goes to missions while the other 90% is donated to the church.